Venturer Scouts :
14 to 17 years of age.
The Venture Scouts program emphasizes having fun while encouraging youth to
feel good about themselves, their friends and family, God, and the environment.
The Venturer program helps youth expand their leadership skills and gain self confidence.
Venturer Scouting promotes activities that encourage teens to:
- show that they care and live according to their personal values and religious beliefs
- develop and use the skills of communicating, solving problems and making decisions
- explore vocational opportunities
- participate in a variety of social, cultural and spiritual activities
- work cooperatively in adult-like settings
- participate in challenging physical and outdoor activities
- become aware of and respond to needs of the community and the environment
The Venturer Scouts program is built around a lively variety of activities based on personal
and group interests. Venturing emphasizes outdoor and environmental activities, citizenship
and community service, leadership and personal development, and career exploration. Individual
interests and skills are recognized through an awards system.
The outdoors is an essential part of the Venturer program. Weekend events, extended hikes,
no trace camping and seasonal sports opportunities round out the Venturer experience. Developing
an active, healthy lifestyle is the prime goal. As well, Venturing helps teens learn new knowledge
and skills that can lead to a satisfying career.
Venturer Scouts meet in a group called a company.
Each Venturer learns a promise, law and motto to help guide their personal development.
On my honour
I promise that I will do my best
To do my duty to God and the Queen
To help other people at all times,
And to carry out the spirit of the Scout Law.
A Scout is helpful and trustworthy,
kind and cheerful,
considerate and clean,
wise in the use of all resources.